Nov 2, 2011

OpenCV on Windows Debug Mode

For some reason (I am not clear as to why), OpenCV seemingly did not work in debug mode with QT on Windows 7. I am running Windows 7 64-bit and I built the OpenCV libraries myself (in Visual Studio 2010).  Unfortunately, it took me an unreasonable amount of time to discover that in Windows, if I want to run some of the OpenCV libraries in debug mode without everything blowing up in my face, I need not only the .dlls and the .libs, but also the .pdb files. Apparently, Windows uses these to run the libraries in debug mode. Once I figured this little piece of magic out (and Google did not offer a solution immediately), I just placed the libs, the dlls, and the pdbs in the same folder and told my program where this directory was when linking. Then, viola---it worked perfectly.  Wish I had found out sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment