May 1, 2009

Hack This!

Just recently, I realized that I wanted a place that I could share my thoughts and opinions about computers. I am not an expert computer scientist nor will I ever become one. Let's just say I am well-informed. I thought it would be useful to post my thoughts about software, hardware, computer malfunctions, design, and just plain old programming. And in the spirit of illbehonest I wanted to allow people to ask any computer related questions they wished to, whether that be how to fix something up or how to break it. Not that I will be able to fully answer every computer-related question, but I will be an attempt to give it my best shot. If I don't know the answer, I am 99% sure I can find it for you. The 1% is my intelligencia fallback net.

Now, getting down to business, let's talk about software for your mac. You don't like spending money on software. No one does. Sometimes you can get lucky and find a good piece of software that really does what you need and the price is $0. This is nice. A good website to explore for these kinds of goodies is thriftmac.com. This site is a library of links that will allow you to find several different pieces of freeware. For example, Coconut Battery, which can be found at thriftmac.com, is a great utility that will tell you how long you have until that battery inside that beautiful macbook of yours will die. Art Rage is another program listed on the site that is fun for kids. It's a suped-up drawing program with lots of different brushes. The free version is limited in its tools, however. If you're looking save a grip of cash and don't want to search the web for freeware, head to thriftmac.com.

3 comments:

  1. illbehonest, i think it is a great idea. i don't have a question for you at this time, but i'm glad i could inspire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops. I was going to say, I like slimbattery, but that is a matter of opinion.

    ReplyDelete